News and Events
2020 Legal Alerts
- 01-15-2020 Unrelated Business Income Tax for Tax-Exempt Entities
- 02-20-2020 Extension of Transition Relief for Grandmothered Plans Through 2021
- 03-17-2020 Information for Employers and Groups HPS on COVID19
- 03-20-2020 Congress Passes Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- 04-01-2020 Congress Passes The Coronavirus Relief & Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- 04-30-2020 Agencies Extend Deadline to Pay COBRA Premiums, Expand Certain Other ERISA and Internal Revenue Code Deadlines Due to COVID-19
- 05-13-2020 IRS Relaxes Election Change & Other Rules
- 05-18-2020 Carrier Premium Credits & ERISA Fiduciary Obligations
- 05-28-2020 IRS Releases 2021 HSA Contribution Limits, HDHP Deductible Out-of-Pocket Limits
- 06-02-2020 Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Fees Due July 31, 2020
- 07-09-2020 Trump Administration Contraceptive Coverage Rules
2019 Legal Alerts
- 04-10-2019 Legal Alert Extension of Transition Relief for Grandmothered Plans Through 2020
- 05-28-2019 Legal Alert IRS Releases 2020 HSA Contribution Limits
- 06-11-2019 Legal Alert HHS Proposes Revisions to Regulations to ACA Section 1557 Regulations
- 06-14-2019 Legal Alert Final Rule Released on Individual Coverage and Excepted Benefit HRAs 2019
- 06-20-2019 Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave
- 06-28-2019 Legal Alert Executive Order Issued Encouraging Transparency in Pricing and Expanding Consumer-Directed Arrangements
- 07-18-2019 Legal Alert IRS Expands Preventive Care Safe Harbor to Include Chronic Conditions
- 07-24-2019 Legal Alert IRS Issues Affordability Percentage Adjustment for 2020
- 08-27-2019 Departments Adopt Non-Enforcement Policy on Drug Manufacturer Coupons
- 10-28-2019 IRS Releases Guidance for Employers Offering Individual Coverage HRAs
- 11-07-2019 IRS Increases Health FSA Contribution for 2020
- 11-14-2019 Draft 2019 ACA Reporting Forms & Instructions Released
- 12-02-2019 IRS Extends Deadline for Furnishing Form 1095-C; Extends Good-Faith Transition Relief
- 12-19-2019 Congress Expected to Pass Spending Bill that Repeals Three Major ACA Taxes & Extends PCORI
2018 Legal Alerts
- 1-4-2018 Changes in Tax Cuts Job Act
- 1-22-2018 DOL Disability Plan Claims Procedure Regulations
- 1-24-2018 DOL Releases Proposed Rule Expanding Association Health Plans
- 2-5-2018 Short-Term Spending Bill Delays Cadillac Tax
- 3-2-2018 Agencies Release Proposed Regulations on STLDI
- 4-11-2018 CMS Extends Transition Relief for Non-Compliant Plans Through 2019
- 4-17-2018 EEOC’s Status Report in AARP vs. EEOC Creates Uncertainty for Wellness Programs
- 4-17-2018 Wellness Programs
- 4-27-2018 IRS Adjusts 2018 HSA Contribution Limit Again
- 5-16-2018 Agencies Issue Guidance on Mental Health Parity Issues
- 5-22-2018 IRS Releases 2019 HSA Contribution Limits an HDHP Deductibles
- 6-7-2018 IRS Issues 2019 Affordability Adjustment
- 6-20-2018 DOL Rule Expanding Association Health Plans
- 10-4-2018 MLR Rebate Advisory
- 11-29-2018 IRS Extends Deadline for Furnishing Form 1095
Could Trump’s Push To Undo The ACA Cause Problems For COVID Survivor…
9 Jul 2020 | 9:00 am UTC
High Court Allows Employers To Opt Out Of ACA’s Mandate On Birth Con…
8 Jul 2020 | 2:48 pm UTC
KHN’s ‘What The Health?’: High Court’s Surprising Abortion Dec…
29 Jun 2020 | 8:03 pm UTC
KHN’s ‘What The Health?’: The Pandemic Shifts; The Politics, Not…
25 Jun 2020 | 6:30 pm UTC
Judges Try To Balance Legal Rights And Courtroom Health…
4 Jun 2020 | 9:01 am UTC
Democratic Super PAC Uses Familiar Political Play To Hit Trump On Medi…
1 Jun 2020 | 9:00 am UTC
KHN’s ‘What The Health?’: What’s In The Next Round Of COVID-19…
14 May 2020 | 6:13 pm UTC
Must-Reads Of The Week From Brianna Labuskes…
8 May 2020 | 6:43 pm UTC
Viral Post Alleging Obama-Era Device Tax Caused Current PPE Shortage I…
5 May 2020 | 9:01 am UTC
KHN’s ‘What The Health?’: SCOTUS Decides An ACA Case. No, Not TH…
30 Apr 2020 | 5:45 pm UTC
Join us for our next Virtual HappyHour!
Thursday, June 18th from 4 to 5 pm
New Leadership Role Models for Our Challenging Times
An effective leader sets the tone, direction and ultimately the course for success for an organization. The challenges are significant: uncertain times, culture conflict, competing interests, lack of buy-in; the list goes on. Join us as Larry Stybel, Co-Founder of Stybel Peabody & Associates illustrates the key elements of role model leadership and provides examples of how minor pivots in your approach can help you achieve greater results.
Larry is a renowned author, entrepreneur and recognized leader on leadership and careers. In addition to Stybel Peabody Associates, he co-founded Boardoptions.com. He regularly contributes articles on leadership for Psychology Today. His articles have also appeared in Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review and California Management Review.
Previous Virtual Happy Hour Webinars
If you missed any of our recent Virtual Happy Hour Programs, you can view any of the recordings here:
- COVID-19 Plagues HR: Rules, Regulations & Reality
- Visas, I’9s, E-Verify, & Immigration in the Midst of a Global Pandemic
- The 5 Biggest Mistakes To Avoid When Getting Back to Work
- So, You Received the Paycheck Protection Program, Now What?
- This isn’t Kansas anymore: The New Paradigm of Leadership
- Foster Personal Well-being
- The Cares Act
- Thursday, September 5th
- Thursday November 10th
If you missed our June HRx Program, Cybersecurity: What You Need to Know NOW!, the presentation is available for download HERE. We appreciate UnComplicate IT for partnering with us to present this program to clients and guests. Brandon Hodgkin, UIT’s Manager of Technical Operations did a superb job sharing a wealth of information and provided best practices to help safeguard an organization’s Information Technology.
Restaurant Take-out! Open for Business!
On March 16th, Governor Chris Sununu ordered that all restaurants shift to takeout and delivery services in an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19. The impact to those to the restaurant and food service industry is staggering. We hope that the community will support local restaurants and their employees. We’ve compiled a list of restaurants who have adjusted their service to take-out and delivery. We will continue to add to the list as new information is known.
Missed our last HRx Webcast?
If you missed our last HRx Webcast, The Secret Sauce for Success with the C-Suite, you can view it HERE.
Mike Lindstrom, author, national speaker, business consultant and coach, joined Armando Llorente, VP of Human Resources for Clark & Lavey, cooked up the secret sauce for elevating results when dealing with senior leadership. The strategies and techniques shared detail how to increase effectiveness – a win-win for both you and the organization.
Discover the Clark & Lavey Difference
Tailored benefits that meet your needs, and service that exceeds your expectations. We provide optimal, cost-effective solutions that deliver long-term value.
InCap®, Clark & Lavey’s group captive is a proven solution to controlling escalating health premiums. It offers the control of self-funding, but with greater stability.
Whether it’s day-to-day issues, strategic planning, or anything in between, our extensive HR services and Practice Leader are here with help and support when you need it most.