Events Search and Views Navigation
Overview of the ACA Reporting Requirements
Speaker: Stacy Barrow
In this webinar Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. provides an overview of ACA reporting requirements that are applicable for both large employers and self-insured plans. Stacy will review the various reporting forms (1094-B, 1095-B, 1094-C, and 1095-C), indicator codes and affordability safe harbors. Other topics covered in this webinar include how to report for waiting periods / initial measurement periods, COBRA participants and post-employment coverage, and how to correct reporting mistakes. Stacy will also address common questions and provide best practices.
Key takeaways include:
1. How to complete the reporting forms;
2. Which indicator codes and safe harbors apply to various employment situations (e.g., waiting periods, changes in cost, changes in employment status);
3. How to address other situations, such as opt-out payments, union employees, and conditional offers of coverage to spouses.
Marketing ROI: What’s Your Strategy?
Speaker: Glenn Smith
Join Glenn Smith of World Synergy for a special marketing strategy webinar that will help you in Identifying your customer, recognizing your added value, or value proposition, develop a marketing roadmap with checkpoints to evaluate successes and misses. Glenn reinforces the importance of an eStrategy process and tracking your resources with an attribution model.
HIPAA Privacy & Security Overview
Speaker: Stacy Barrow, Esq
This webinar should be attended by employers with self-insured plans or those with fully insured plans that create, maintain, or receive PHI under HIPAA. Join Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. for an overview of HIPAA's Privacy and Security Rules. During this webinar Stacy will review the different types of entities subject to HIPAA, take an in-depth look at Protected Health Information (PHI), individual rights under HIPAA, and what to do when there is a breach of PHI.
Key takeaways include:
1. Understanding which entities and types of plans are subject to HIPAA's Privacy rule;
2. Understanding which information is protected under HIPAA;
3. Learn the permitted uses and disclosures of PHI under HIPAA.
Speaker: Bruce Campbell
Personalized medicine has become an important driver of costs and risk for employer-sponsored health plans. New personalized medicine diagnostic and treatment procedures are entering the market quickly. These procedures have significant implications for budgeting and stop-loss pricing in self-funded plans, and for renewal pricing in fully-insured plans.
In this Webinar, Dr. Bruce Campbell will review:
1. The background for personalized medicine;
2. The cost impact of new and commonly used personalized medicine technology;
3. The personalized medicine technology pipeline;
4. Ethical issues surrounding coverage, financing, and use of this technology; and,
5. Current options for managing costs and ensuring appropriate use of these procedures.
After this webinar, employers will have a better understanding of personalized medicine use, the new technology release schedule, and issues surrounding the financing, use, and benefits of this new technology.
Working With Your Independent Stop Loss Carrier To Control Costs
Speaker: David Konrad
This session will take a hard look at various cost containment strategies available to control your self-funded plan’s current and future Medical/Rx costs. We will discuss how you can integrate your Captive stop loss carrier’s recommendations at renewal. • Is there such a thing as optimal plan design? • Benefits of using data analytics throughout the plan year. • How many cost containment levers can we pull?
Answers to these and many other questions will be explored.
Data Transfer Security
Speaker: Tim Burnett
This webinar is not eligible for continuing education credits.
We live and work in a rapidly growing hostile and dangerous digital environment. Cyber security is no longer just a concern for big business: Almost half of all cyber-attacks now target small businesses. There are things that you can and should to be doing to protect your business from attack resulting in a crippling loss.
In this session you will learn about CIA (it is not what you think!) and get tips on the most important actions you can take to defend your business, customers and employees.
How to Prepare For A Dol Audit
Speaker: Stacey Barrow
During this webinar, Stacy H. Barrow, BAN’s Director of Compliance, will provide attendees with tips for surviving a Department of Labor (DOL) audit, including an overview of what to expect during a DOL audit, how the DOL audits, and what the DOL looks for during a group health plan audit.
1. An understanding of how employers/plans get selected for audit;
2. Insight into the audit process and what to expect when the DOL comes knocking;
3. Best practices for audit survival, including which documents to have ready for review.
Implementing and Managing A Global Employee Benefits Strategy In A Growing Multinational Business
Speaker: Lewis Mosley
This webinar will focus on educating HR professionals on the challenges involved when dealing with the employee benefits program for a growing multinational workforce and how to implement an appropriate strategy which will account for your business’ culture whilst maintaining compliance with local legislation.
Marketing With Voice & Video In Today’s World
Speaker: Glenn Smith
In today’s world where content is king, voice and video are the crown jewels of reach and effectiveness. It is how the future of content will be distributed and consumed.
Learn how to use Voice and Video in the journey of recruiting and maintaining your:
• Customers and prospective customers, creating a client base that works for you, your employees, and your organization;
• Employees and prospective employees, enabling you to advance your organization with a loyal and enthusiastic workforce.
Lead Your Employees To Health
Speaker: Nancy DeGroff
Join Nancy DeGroff, BAN’s Lead2Health Director, for a session on how to become a healthcare warrior for your employees, enabling them to:
• Use healthcare more efficiently;
• Make better decisions around cost & quality by sharing easy-to-use tools; and • Eliminate wasteful spending.
Employers will learn first-hand how to engage their employees to create outstanding results for the utilization of benefits and services provided to them.