Events Search and Views Navigation
How to Lower Your Health Costs in 2020 and Beyond
Speaker: David Konrad
Speaker Title: Roundstone Regional Practice Leader
Today’s job market is competitive. With the unemployment rate lower than ever, top talent can be lured away with desirable benefits packages and other workplace perks. One of the best ways to improve retention and attract top talent is to offer affordable, quality health insurance and benefits. However, this can be challenging due to rising health care rates.
There are unique health funding strategies available in New England that offer both lower costs and higher quality packages. Join us for a one hour webinar, Thursday, August 21st from 11 am to noon.
- Current health benefit trends
- Funding strategies for small to mid-sized employers
- Initiatives to keep costs low in 2020 and beyond
Marketing Your Culture
Speaker: Glenn Smith
More than ever your company culture should be aligned as a part of your overarching business strategy. Not only is company culture part of your brand, which should be an important part of your products or services, it can either be an advocate of your vision, or your opponent.
Your culture should speak to your core values and your company’s unique “why” customers do business with you. When your employees, culture and customers are aligned, they create a community, or bond, that becomes your greatest asset.
This asset will attract the right customers, influencers, partners, and ultimately the right employees to your organization.
IT Security In The Workforce
Speaker: Matt Jones
It's not just about employee and customer information, it’s also the employer data and intellectual property data businesses have everywhere, from documents to email to cloud storage to accounting, attacks could cripple small businesses.
1. Multifactor Authentication;
2. Security Audits and Experts;
3. Cloud and Premise Security;
4. Everyone’s Job;
5. Email and Browsing.
Introduction To Consumer Directed Healthcare And Account-Based Plans: HDHPS, HSAS, FSAS, AND HRAS
Speaker: Stacey Barrow
Join BAN's Director of Compliance, Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. for an informative webinar on Consumer Directed Healthcare and Account-Based Plans. Webinar attendees will gain an understanding on the background of Consumer Directed Healthcare, HSA eligibility and contribution rules, how HSA funds may be used, and how employers may contribute to HSAs. Stacy will also discuss HRAs and FSAs under the Affordable Care Act.
Key takeaways include:
1. An understanding of the rules surrounding high deductible health plans (HDHPs)
2. How HSAs, FSAs and HRAs can coordinate with HDHPs
3. How HSAs, FSAs and HRAs have changed under the ACA
Plan Performance Reporting
Speaker: Bruce Campbell
Newer analytic techniques (based on “big data” analysis in other industries) are being implemented in the health and medical benefits spaces. These techniques have the potential to transform cost control and risk mitigation in employersponsored health plans.
In this Webinar, Dr. Bruce Campbell will review:
1. How these techniques work and are applied in other industries;
2. Examples of the emerging use of these techniques in private health plans; and,
3. Options for implementing advanced analytics at the employer level.
End Of Year Compliance Roundup
Speaker: Stacy Barrow
During our final webinar of our 2019 Educational Webinar Series, Stacy H. Barrow, Esq. provides and overview of all things compliance in 2019, along with a look at what to expect in 2020. Attendees will receive an update on legal and regulatory changes under the ACA in 2019, a review of other agency guidance in 2019 applicable to health and welfare plans, an update on recent court cases affecting health and welfare plans, and what to expect in 2020.
Key takeaways include:
1. A better understanding of major changes in employee benefits law in 2019
2. Knowledge of court cases were most impactful to employee benefit plans in 2019
3. An understanding of potential changes and guidance expected for 2020